Mon 30 Oct
Welcome to our Beyond Obedience Class, for people who want to keep nice and busy with their dog after going through their Obedience classes.
And, of course, this course deepens your bond with your dog, as we never use force or intimidation in our lessons.
(Each theme is a total of 5 lessons)
- Brain games = FULLY BOOKED: From Monday 7 August. Introduce your dog to all sorts of brain games: from beginner to advanced. Not only will your dog have a ton of fun, but we will also teach you how to effectively use brain games to help with your dog’s shyness, overstimulation or restlessness.
- Dances with dogs = FULLY BOOKED: From Monday 18 September. Introduction to the basics of Doggie Dance. Form the next star dance team together with your dog: teach him/her new musical tricks and have tons of laughs in the process!
- Hoopers: From Monday 30 October. Would you like to teach your dog to go through obstacles? But are you not that excited about running yourself? Then Hoopers is the activity for you and your dog!
- Snout golf: From 11 December. How fun is midget golf for dogs! Teach your dog to push the special ball over the track into the hole. Combined with useful obedience exercises.
- Assistance dog: From 5 February. Short education program to Junior Assistance dog. Teach your dog to make themselves useful in the house. For example: we are going to teach the doggies to bring you something from the closet.
- Loose leash walking Olympics: From 18 March. During five classes, we’ll work on connection and walking nicely on leash without pulling, also when the level of distraction is raising. Dog’s level: for dogs that are doing well with walking on leash without distractions.
- Magic show trick training: From 6 May. Teach your dog a new set of tricks with ‘the magic show’ theme. Goal: mentally challenging your dog, improving your communication skills while working together and of course, a lot of fun!
For whom is our Beyond Obedience class?
Owners: People who like to just keep busy with dog. People who enjoy training with us and want to keep doing it in the long term.
Dog’s level: Dogs who have successfully completed their Basic Obedience (Obedience 1) and Advanced Obedience (Obedience 2) classes with us – or have followed classes of a similar level at another dog training school.
Dog’s age: From twelve months old.
The Obedience Beyond course is open to dogs who are sociable to unfamiliar dogs and people. Some dog behaviour problems get in the way of a positive lesson experience, and can even lead to the advice of stopping with the course (for animal welfare and/or safety reasons). That is a waste of your money. Think, for example, of dogs who:
- Dogs who are sociable to even unfamiliar dogs and people
- Dogs who show no aggression in situations where high-value resources are involved (bone, delicious treats, toys)
- Dogs who do not get extremely frustrated waiting for their turn.
The course does not focus on the above-mentioned behaviour problems. If you are experiencing these issues, please read more about our behaviour advice service.
If you are curious about what our past obedience students have to say about the course, check our testimonials page (look for the word (‘obedience’).
Objectives of the Beyond Obedience course
- Just a nice hobby for you and your dog, for the long term
- Keep your dog’s Obedience skills from rusting up
- Learn new skills through our varied themes (working dog, dog sports, fun)
Back to classes overview