Photo courtesy of Tookapic http://bit.ly/1TRSZ22 CC0 license
Dates to note
- 5 December 2018: Sinterklaas. No lesson.
- 19 December 2018: start date of the next Obedience for the family dog course (December cycle).
- 19 December: Zoologist’s secret to dog behaviour (seminar)
- 26 December 2018 & 2 January 2019: Christmas break. No lesson
* OhMyDog! may have to cancel classes (e.g. weather alerts) and replace them later, which would postpone the end date of your course by 1-2 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
Current term (May 2018 – September 2018)
Puppy course – Give your pup a great start
- Start date: Weekly enrolment (depends on availability). Make sure you register in advance in case we have waiting lists.
- Language: This course is given in English.
- Time: Wednesdays, 7.20pm-8pm.
- Duration: 8x lessons
- Costs: 152 euros (19 euros per lesson).
- Contents: A socialisation and introductory obedience course for pups from 10 weeks-old. The basis for a polite, well-adjusted, confident dog. For more information and handy puppy tips, check our Puppy page.
- More questions: You can always mail us on email@example.com.
Obedience for the family dog – For a dog who is welcome everywhere
- Start date: 19 September 2018
- Language: English
- Time: Wednesdays, 8.10pm-9pm
- Duration: 10x lessons
- Costs: 190 euros (19 euros per lesson)
- Contents: We focus on skills that are relevant to your family dog (e.g. stay sitting even with distractions, leave something alone reliably – ‘leave it’, come back when called, etc.). The course contents is described in details on our Obedience page.
- More questions: You can always write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. We’d be happy to help.
Advanced obedience – Accept the challenge
- Start date: TBD
- Language: The standard segments are explained in Dutch but we make sure we accommodate for the language needs of our expat students.
- Time: Wednesdays, 7.10pm-8pm
- Duration: 10x lessons
- Costs: 180 euros (18 euros per lesson)
- Contents: Playful and challenging lessons for the dog who already masters basic obedience skills. Read more about this course on our Advanced page.
- More questions: You can always write to us on email@example.com. We’d be happy to answer your questions.
Behaviour advice and one-on-one lessons – For busy owners or special-needs dogs
You cannot come to the standard lesson times? Not to worry, we can bring the lessons to you.
Private training is also suitable for special-needs dogs, dogs who would not thrive in a group learning environment (through aggression, fear, or over-excitement, for example). This diagram can help you decide between group and private training for borderline cases.
Would you like private lessons? Then choose ‘behaviour advcie or private training’ on the sign-up form. Our certified trainers and behaviour therapists will put together a custom-made training plan for you.
If you have any questions about private lessons, you can always mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
High-Risk Dogs seminar – Stay up to date on the latest developments
- Date: To be agreed, as suits your organisation
- Location: Given on-site, from your offices/shop
- Language: Dutch.
- Time: 7.15pm-10.15pm
- Duration: 3 hours
- Costs: 55 euros per person for 10-20 participants. Cost p.p. can be negotiated with more participants.
- Contents: Objective facts about the real risks, getting away from fear-mongering or trivialising; Details about the law changes and how it will affect you; Best practices and tips from dog professionals on reducing the risks. We describe the course in details on our Workshop page.
Sign up your organisation
Register for your preferred course or mail us if you have any questions (email@example.com). We’re happy to be of service.
If you are curious about the value behind our prices, why there is a price difference for the English-speaking classes, our stance on puppy vaccinations, or various other questions, you can always consult our FAQ. If you prefer e-mail, do not hesitate to write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Register for one of our dog training classes in The Hague)
Other good dog training schools in The Hague
If our location or training days are not convenient to you, you can always try:
- PUK Hondenservice, which gives lessons on Monday evenings in Scheveningen; or
- DogLogix, which gives lessons on Saturday in the Clingendael.
These two schools, just like us, treat the dogs with respect. And just like us, they have certified (and friendly!) instructors.