Thank you for your interest in our behaviour advice service. Please take a moment to read our terms of services before you book your appointment.
1. Health and safety
- If your dog has a transmittable disease or other relevant health issue (e.g. diarrhea, medication, orthopedic problems, etc.), please inform us ahead of the appointment so that we can take the necessary adaptation steps.
- Please tell your behaviourist about all of your dog’s behaviour problems, even the ones that you do not consider to be a priority. This is especially critical when it comes to aggression problems (e.g. aggression to other dogs or aggression to people in certain contexts).
- Please ensure that the dog has had an opportunity to relieve himself and let him out before our appointment.
- Please refrain from engaging in over-stimulating activities with your dog, especially if it is a pup, before our appointment. A veterinary appointment or a trip to the pet store before our session is not advisable, for example. This can have an influence on your dog’s concentration.
- Additional precautions in relation to the corona virus: during the corona crisis
- You and your dog will keep the 1,5 meter distance to the trainer, before/during/after the session
- The trainer will desinfect her hands before and after the session
- Trainingsession will take place in a nice and quiet environment, such as a square, little field or parking lot.
- If you or your trainer are showing symptoms, the session will be postponed. We trust you to not take advantage of this.
2. Appointment scheduling
- Availability: When a last-minute change occurs that affects our training sessions, please call 0625640362. Please leave a voicemail if we are not able to answer your call. For example: if the road to the location is blocked or you cannot attend the session because of an emergency
- Missed sessions: Sessions cancelled with less than two working days’ notice will be charged (at 70% of the session rate)
- Re-scheduling sessions: A maximum of 1 session per set of 4 may be re-scheduled.
- Expiring appointments: Pre-paid appointments are to be confirmed within one calendar month of the invoice date. Pre-paid sessions that have not been firmed up on time are considered expired and are not reimbursable.
- No guarantee: Dogs are living creatures and many factors influence their behaviour, including the quality and quantity of effort you yourself put in. Just like human psychologists, no self-respecting animal behaviourist guarantees results. We do pledge to give evidence-based and animal-friendly advice based on modern Best Practices.
- Liability: We strive for safe and animal-friendly advice and interventions. Your dog’s behaviour does remain your own responsibility, though. At no time do we accept any liability for damage or injury caused by your dog’s behaviour, be it in our presence or absence.
4. Data protection
- Copyrights: We have invested years of study, research and experience in our documentation (protocols, reports, etc.). Our documentation remains our full intellectual property. Kindly, do not distribute our written material without explicit permission.
- Privacy: We regularly share case information (including pictures and videos) during seminars, congresses and on the social media. In doing so, we ensure that we share no easily identifiable information about you except in cases where you gave us your explicit permission to do so. You can find our full privacy statement here.
5. Some hand-outs are in Dutch
- Some of our instruction material currently only exists in Dutch. If this is a problem, let us know and we will arrange for a translation in the briefest delays.
6. Travel charges
- We charge mileage costs outside of our catchment area. Our catchment area consists of:
- The Hague
- The Westland (Monster, Naaldwijk, Poeldijk, ‘s-Gravenzande, De Lier)
- Hoek van Holland
The charges are calculated as follows:
- €0.50 euro per km for the return journey from the behaviourist’s house (suburbs of The Hague) to your domicile, plus
- ½ of the hourly tariff per hour of travel (calculated from the first hour)
Now the boring administrative stuff is over, we look forward to helping you best the best out of your dog!
Back to the booking page