Written on 20 March 2020
We are writing this with tears in our eyes, but we have decided to cancel all group lessons effective immediately. This hard measure shall apply until at least Monday 6 April, at which time we shall review the situation and communicate the next step to you. We hope that the country will have stabilized by then, and that forward planning will be more realistic. Whatever the situation then, OhMyDog shall communicate with you which measures are being taken so your dogs can continue to be trained.
You shall receive an e-mail shortly, with more detailed information about the shut-down of the group lessons.
You can read our Corona-related policy here.
We have now taken the following steps:
- For the pups: OhMyDog has created an online learning environment. All students who prefer to do so, can complete their already started course online. They can also opt for option 2.
- For other groups: OhMyDog shall give you a priority spot once we are in a position to plan new dates, so that you can pick up where you left off.
Why are OhMyDog’s group lessons cancelled?
Our measures have been strictly followed and our students have also been very responsible. Yet we have decided to shut down group lessons because:
- Keeping the lessons going would incentivise students and team members to leave their home unnecessarily.
- In solidarity for other trainers who are also shutting down temporarily
- To give clarity, so that you don’t have to keep following constantly renewed policies as the situation evolves.
- To avoid our lesson quality being affected by our being distracted from our heavy worrying about the situation.
We are having regular crisis management meetings and, on 6 April, we shall tackle re-planning if the situation allows. We shall then communicate the next step to you.
We are counting on your patience and empathy for small businesses in these difficult times.
We look forward to, after these hard times, pick up where we left off with yourselves and your fantastic dogs!by