Great classes relies on smooth planning and transparent house rules. Could we therefore please ask you to read this document carefully?
(Text in bold often gets overlooked. Be sure to read it.)
Health and safety
- Inform us if your dog suffers from a communicable disease or other health issue before coming to class (e.g. diarrhea, fleas, mite infection, orthopedics , etc.). We may ask you to leave your dog at home and come alone for yours and other dogs’ safety.
- Protect your dog against worms, fleas and ticks appropriately.
- Never let your dog off-leash unless specifically instructed by a staff member. This is also valid on in the parking area.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the buildings (in relation to allergic children). Do therefore leave your dog home for theory lessons.
- Do not let your dog relieve him/herself on our field and do clean up little accidents.
- Do not eat or smoke on our premises, also not in the car park. Puppies eat everything.
Health and safety during Corona
Important: Please familiarise yourself with our extra health and safety measures during the corona period and please follow the instructions below carefully, for everyone’s and your own safety:
- Please come alone to the lessons
- 2-meter distance (also on the parking lot):
- Between people (incl. students, staff)
- Between dogs and people (except their own handler, of course, including staff)
- Between the dogs (but that’s not new)
- Stay home if you have cold symptoms and/or if a family member has a fever
- Be on time
- Theory lesson on-line
- Smaller groups
- Fewer lessons running simultaneously
- Minimum lending of material. Please ensure that you have everything with you when you come
- Handwashing according to RIVM guidelines
Planning and organisation
- OhMyDog! may cancel classes under (exceptional) circumstances like extreme weather.
- This is then clearly announced on our home page. In doubt, please double-check our website just before leaving for the school.
- In doubt, kindly, please do not call or mail to check if the lesson is going ahead. With an average of 70 students per week, this can severely disrupt our lesson preparation and impedes urgent behaviour cases from getting through to us on the phone.
- You will get a replacement lesson, meaning that, when noting the course dates in your agenda, kindly, do please be prepared for the course ending 1 to 2 weeks after the originally planned end date and do not plan anything (e.g. holidays, work trip) too close to the original end date. A planning mismatch due to a delayed end date does not entitle you to reimbursement. We will, of course, endeavour to keep changes to a minimum.
- Please be on time. Tardies make the dogs nervous and disrupt the lesson for the rest of the group.
- Please wait until we open the gate before you come in to allow us to finish the previous lessons or field preparations.
- Please do not use your mobile phone during class
- We do not have access to the field a couple of times per years. To ensure continuity in your lessons, we can then give our classes from an alternative location (near our standard field). You will be informed on time if this applies to you.
Animal welfare and thinking of other students
- Please do not verbally or physically intimidate your dog (including leash jerking). This is valid on the field, but also in the car park. If you are struggling with your dog’s behaviour, our Behaviour Coaches will be happy to help you.
- Please keep a distance of at least 2 meters between your dog and other dogs.
- This allows the shyer dogs to also feel safe, and prevents dog fights.
- Please be particularly mindful of this not only on the field, but also in the car park, whilst leaving/entering/waiting, and during exercises.
- Curious about the reasons behind our 2-meter rule? Read this article about why on-leash greetings aren’t a great idea (in Dutch).
- Aversive material like choke, prong or electric collars is not permitted.
- Please treat other students, dogs and staff members with courtesy. We shall tolerate no form of intimidating behaviour on our field.
- Please do not interact with another student’s dog, even with their permission.
These rules ensure that all dogs feel safe and comfortable on our field.
Terms and conditions
Registering with OhMyDog! commits you to adhering to the terms and conditions below:
Health and safety
- Vaccination: Dogs attending our classes need to be up-to-date with the standard vaccination schedule.
- Kennel cough: We recommend the optional kennel cough vaccine. Ask your veterinarian if this is advisable.
- Titers: We make an exception for adequately documented dogs (an appropriately recent titer declaration).
- Vaccinations are still expected for diseases for which a titer is not possible/reliable.
- You might be required to produce the latest titer results on a weekly basis if your pup still has enough maternal immunity for weeks on end – and you are thus delaying your first vaccinations. Ask your veterinarian what is advisable.
Finances and Registrations
- You only get a spot on our course once you have received our mail confirming that your registration is complete. For this, you will need to complete the 3 registration steps (proof of vaccination and payment, and approving the terms and conditions).
- Once you have reserved a spot on the course, this spot is not reimbursable. Discovering, after the registration, that information shared in our Terms and conditions or Registration letter impedes your attendance to the course does not entitle you to compensation. We therefore recommend that you read our Registration letter, course dates and terms and conditions carefully.
- When you book a place on a course, you are committing yourself to a number of points. When you register, we assume that you are conscious of and comfortable with the following points:
- Our Vision and methods (incl. the fact that we use food in training)
- The duration/time/price/dates of the course (see table below), including days when the school is closed (see school holidays here).
- The entrance criteria, contents and goals of the course (click on the individual course in the table below).
Choosing to end the course early because of one of the above-mentioned previously-known points once you have registered does not entitle you to compensation. We do of course appreciate your feedback on these points so that we can keep improving our services.
- Missing classes do not entitle you to a refund or catch-up lessons, regardless of the number of missed lessons.
- You can see a pre-paid course as a gym membership. A missed lesson is, unfortunately, missed.
- Please inform us that you will miss class by e-mail, at least 2 hours in advance.
- In case you have missed a lesson, we send no summaries, pointers or homework.
- We are a tiny local company, not a corporate giant with hordes of administrative staff.
- As dog professionals, we sometimes earn less than minimum wage while working all hours under the sun so every minute with our family is precious.
- It doesn’t seem like much (it costs about 10-20 minutes per time) but adds up if everyone who missed a lesson asked for this.
- We find it really hard to say no to you but try to think about it fairly: would you ask your gym teacher, your university lecturer or your ballet instructor to put in extra work for a lesson you have missed?
Exclusions and expulsions
OhMyDog! reserves the right to deny registration based on implicit and explicit criteria, at their own discretion. The list below is not exhaustive:
- Minors: The dog’s handler (the person holding the leash and doing the exercises) needs to be minimal 16 years of age. OhMyDog reserves the right to determine whether younger handlers can be considered for participation. If you would like for your kids to be involved with raising your dog, we have a course (in Dutch) designed for children: kind-hond. You can follow this course after the puppy class.
- Failing to disclose a known relevant behaviour problem before registration may be grounds for expulsion, with no recourse for reimbursement. This concerns problems which would disturb the good order and safety of the class, or your dog’s welfare. Examples are:
- Extreme over-excitement and/or extreme barking
- Aggression, including growling, staring, and lunging (directed at people or dogs)
- Fear of unfamiliar dogs/people/locations.
- Your secret phrase for your registration is: “happy dog”
- OhMyDog! will not be held accountable for damage or theft to yourself, your child, your own dog or someone else’s dog, person, or property due to your own, your child’s of your dog’s behaviour. This condition is valid whether you are on your way to our classes, following our classes, leaving our classes and at any other moment in time. We therefore recommend an exhaustive WA-insurance. Note that most basic policies cover only one dog.
- You can read our complete privacy statement here.
- We often photograph and film the lessons. We try to avoid your face but, for pictures from which you can be recognized, we always ask your explicit permission before we release it on the internet.
- Please do not take pictures of, or film the lessons yourselves.
Now that the grown-up stuff is out of the way, let’s have fun with the dogs already!
Do you have a question? Please first read our FAQ‘s . You can also send us an e-mail.