Great classes run on smooth planning and clear agreements. Can we please ask you to read this document carefully?
Failure to follow the House rules or Terms and conditions may lead to expulsion at no recourse for reimbursement.
Health and safety
- Inform us if your dog suffers from a communicable disease or other health peculiarity before coming to class (e.g. diarrhea, fleas, mite infection, orthopaedic problem, etc.). We may ask you to leave your dog at home and come alone for yours and other dogs’ safety.
- Protect your dog appropriately against worms, fleas and ticks.
- Never let your dog off-leash unless specifically instructed by a staff member.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the buildings in relation to allergic children.
- Do not let your dog relieve him/herself on our field and clean up any accidents.
- Do not eat or smoke on our premises, also not in the car park.
Planning and organisation
- Scheduled classes go ahead except with an official weather alerts. We then inform you individually. If you have not heard from us, the lesson is going ahead even if it is raining, etc.
- Please be there on time. Late arrivals disrupt the lesson for everyone.
- Please wait until we open the gate before you come in. We must first finish the previous lessons or the field preparations.
- Do not use your mobile phone during class
Animal welfare and thinking of other students
- Please refrain from verbally or physically intimidating your dog (including leash jerking). If you are struggling with your dog’s behaviour, our Behaviour Coaches will come and help you.
- Please keep a distance of at least 2 meters between the dogs so all dogs have enough personal space. Be particularly mindful of not blocking small passages.
- Aversive training material like choke or prong collars are not permitted on our field.
- Please treat other students, dogs and staff members with courtesy.
- Please do not interact with another student’s dog, even with good intentions.
Terms and conditions
Registering with OhMyDog! implies that you have read and agree with the following:
Health and safety
- Vaccination: Only vaccinated dogs may attend our classes, preferably including the optional kennel cough vaccine (ask your veterinarian). See more about our vaccination policy on Q’s 1 and 2 of our FAQ.
Finances and Registrations
- As soon as you have registered (copy of vaccination stickers, confirmation of terms and conditions, payment), there is no recourse for reimbursement. Discovering, after the registration, that information shared in our Terms and conditions or Registration letter impedes your attendance to the course does not entitle you to compensation.
- Missing classes do not entitle you to a refund or catch-up lessons.
- Please inform us that you will miss a class by e-mail, at least 2 hours before the lessons, do not tell your instructor directly.
- We provide no summaries, pointers or homework for lessons you have missed.
- OhMyDog! reserves the right to cancel classes under certain (exceptional) circumstances. You will be forewarned and you will be given a replacement lesson. When planning for the course, plan for the strong possibility that the course may end 1 to 2 weeks after the originally planned end date. Planning too close to the end date and being unable to attend lessons as a result does not entitle you to reimbursement.
- Students of the Fun lessons who, because of a cancellation on the initiative of OhMyDog!, are unable to use their pre-paid lessons without missing lessons in a pre-booked follow-up course will, on the other hand, be reimbursed the missed Fun lesson(s).
Exclusions and expulsions
OhMyDog! reserves the right to deny registration based on implicit and explicit criteria, at their own discretion. The list below is not exhaustive:
- The handler in charge of the dog must be at least 16 years of age or be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Failing to disclose a known relevant behaviour problem before registration may be grounds for expulsion, with no recourse for reimbursement. Examples of relevant problems can be found at the end of this page.
- Your secret phrase for your registration is: “happy dog”
- OhMyDog! will not be held accountable for damage or theft to yours or someone else’s dog, person, or property due to your dog’s behaviour. This condition is valid whether you are on your way to our classes, following our classes, leaving our classes and at any other moment in time. We therefore recommend an exhaustive WA-insurance. Note that most basic policies cover only one dog.
- Please do not take pictures of, or film the lessons without prior permission by a member of staff..
- You get to decide the date of your Fun lessons yourself (during the registration process). These lessons do not have to be grouped (you may, for example, want to come every other week).
- No more than 1 lesson out of 5 reserved lessons may be cancelled at no cost. You then get a replacement lesson on that date of your choice. The replacement lesson must be scheduled 1 month after the cancelled lesson at the latest. Thereafter, the lesson is considered expired.
- Cancellations should be communicated by mail, minimum 48 hours in advance (to email@example.com). Cancelled lessons which fail to adhere to these conditions will unfortunately be considered void.
- If you must miss a Fun class because of a cancellation by OhMyDog, you can choose between a replacement lesson or reimbursement for that lesson.
Now that the grown-up stuff is out of the way, let’s have fun with the dogs already!
Do you have a question? Please first read our FAQ‘s . You can also send us an e-mail.